Quadruple Rolled Paper Beads - How to Video - Recycled Paper

Quadruple Rolled Paper Beads - How to Video - Recycled Paper




Here's the video:


Instructions

You can cut one of these out of cardboard and use it as a template. You can draw it onto your paper and then use scissors to cut it out. I prefer to just cut several layers of magazine at once with a blade. Be sure to use a metal ruler for this. I always find that the blade catches on the plastic ones and you'll ruin your plastic rulers that way.

You can make thicker beads by using a few layers of paper, but it's a bit of a pain with all those tabs flying around. Just have patience.

You can experiment with different sizes too. For example, measure out 1" to begin with, and use 1/4" and 1/8" markings. You'll end up with a 1" quadruple bead that way. Use different lengths of paper too. You can get all different types of beads just by playing around with your paper and measurements. 

If you don't have paper bead rollers, you can use a skewer or knitting needle. Keep in mind that the size of your hole will depend on the tool you use to roll with.

When you're done rolling, you can treat these the same way you'd treat any other paper bead. You can paint them and seal them if you wish.

Here's how I measured.
  1. I started with a 2" mark on the top and bottom of my magazine page.
  2. On the top, I made a mark every 1/2".
  3. Then, you can draw a line about 1" down from the top. Mark every 1/2" on that line.
  4. On the bottom, I made a mark every 1/4". I don't now why I did this, but it works. You could measure 1/4" on the bottom for your first mark, and then 1/2" marks the rest of the way across the bottom.
  5. Cut along the red. Start from the top left corner and cut down to the first 1/4" mark.
  6. Continue cutting along the red until you've cut out all the green. Save those scraps to make smaller beads.
  7. View the video to see how I cut and roll these beads.


Comments

  1. Hi I am so glad I found your website, I really found
    you by accident, while I was searching on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a
    lot for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included
    your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the great b.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts